Sunday, April 27, 2008

A stone's throw away

Dear Scold

My husband and I recent transferred to the middle east to work on a new CBC sitcom, called "Everybody Loves Sharia". Things have been going very well here and just recently we were invited to our first stoning. It's for a nice lady down the street. Hubby has been asked to do the video footage and we are very excited. My problem is that I haven't thrown anything really since my Berkley days in the 70's when we hurled eggs at the returning US imperials pig soldiers. Is slo-pitch acceptable or should I avoid the embarrassment of missing and serve baked sweets to the men instead ?

Yappin' in Yemen.


Dear Yappin',

Serving sweets sounds like a good plan, but make sure that your husband or another male relative is present when you interact with the other males at the stoning. Failure to do this could result in you inadvertently appearing in the follow-up episode with everyone else using you to practice slo-pitch.

Ta.

The Scold
--
Need advice? E-mail your questions to:
askthescold [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments: